Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day


I asked everyone in our community how they feel about their call to spiritual motherhood.
Here are some of the answers they gave.


Sr. Rosario: "Spiritual motherhood is the responsibility that I have towards others. I am called to love them and care for them because they need someone to love them, and care for them, and to give them a home away from home."

Sr. Jeanette: "I always see myself growing in my spiritual motherhood. With the passing of time, I feel like my heart becomes wider and wider to accept more and more people, so to love them."

Sr. Isabel: "It's hard because you need to be a prayerful person, always close to God, listening to what He tells you and always under the protection of the Holy Spirit.

Sr. Dolores: "It's my responsibility to care for and love them and pray for the children who are entrusted to me."

Sr. Rita: "I'm always concerned about them so that they are never in danger, or exposed to things that can hurt them, or in places where they can fall, because I consider that they are too little to understand when they are in danger."

April: "It excites me. I've always wanted to have a lot of kids. So now I can see that God is answering that desire, in an unexpected way."

Katie: "There are SO...MANY...CHILDREN... I just love them as much as God gives me the grace to. I direct them to God; it's a lot of responsibility but I love it."

Ines: "It's a responsibility to share love and to care for people who don't know how to love.

And how do I feel about my call to spiritual motherhood????

Well, it's quite a humbling call. It definitely requires that I always have immediate recourse to Mary and Jesus. I look at all that both my earthly mom and Momma Mary have had to deal with in guiding me and loving me so that I might become who I am today. I am called to do the same for others. Then I look at the fact that my mom only had four daughters, but Mary has an entire Church full of children until the end of time! I am called to have just as many! It can seem daunting, but I'm excited at the same time.

Today, I'm saying a special prayer for all mothers. Thank you for your vocation. May God bless you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

'
Follow us
Facebook
  
Visit Us

Blog Archive