Monday, August 24, 2015

Memories...

Praised be Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament!

This month of August has been a very significant month in my life.
To begin with, I was born in this month.  Then I entered the convent at the age of 16, almost 17, on August 1st.
I emitted my first vows on August 15, and my perpetual vows on August 16.
To make this month more significant, my mom's birthday is on August 4 and one of my niece's birthday is on August 9.
In other words, it is a month full of celebrations! ...and full of the fondest memories -even though some of these memories are bittersweet, like the day I entered the convent.  In my heart I knew I was following the voice of the greatest of all Lovers who had called me by name and was requiring of me to trust Him, to love Him in return, to dare to take the risk to surrender myself to Him who would satisfy the deepest desires and dreams of my young heart.
On the other hand, the pain to leave my family, the unbearable sadness at knowing that it was my decision that was causing so much suffering to them, especially to my mom...

About two weeks ago, on August 15th, four more girls have decided to follow that same sweet voice that called by name years ago.  Like many of us, they have dared to take the same risk and have joined our community.  Each one of them, as they were told the day of the entrance ceremony into postulancy, has just begun to walk the path to their nuptials with Christ!  They have started their journey hand in hand with Jesus; a beautiful but challenging journey that will require of them may acts of faith, hope and love.  The psalmist says they will be taken through "green pastures where He will make them lie down; they will be lead to still waters and fresh waters to restore their souls" (Ps 23:2).  More importantly, Jesus will feed them with the "finest Wheat" (Ps 147:14).

But this dear Jesus, to whom the Song of Songs refers to as the "most handsome of all men" (Songs 1:16) is also the Lamb of God, the Lamb that was slain; and since the bride should "follow the Lamb wherever He goes" (Rev. 14:4), inevitably these young women will have to lay down their lives for their friends, as Jesus did.

Please, pray for them, and pray for all religious that we keep always alive the "first love" (Rev. 2:4). And pray to the Master of the harvest to send more laborers to the field because “the harvest is abundant but the laborers are few" (Lk 10:2).

In the Eucharistic heart of Jesus, your sister
Jeanette Marie, HMSS

Evangelize with Mary in the Light of the Eucharist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'
Follow us
Facebook
  
Visit Us

Blog Archive