Monday, February 22, 2016

The Vision Continued Part III


My Perpetual Help

Through my bitter tears, I prayed for aid and suddenly the mountain began to rumble and rise, and I
feared that I would fall off the side of the mountain. I realized the rumble was the sound of many carvings appearing beneath me, but I could not see what was being written below me. I looked above
me and I saw the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, standing at the top of the mountain. She was
dressed in simple garments and a mantle of white. She stretched out her hands towards me and told me to grab a hold of her. I did as she said and she pulled me up over the cliff and drew me directly into her warm embrace. I dared not ask her who she was, for I already knew that she was Mary, my dear mother and surest refuge. I stayed in her embrace for what seemed like an eternity, and there I wept. As I cried, I felt the weight of a thousand worries being lifted from me, and I became as light as a cloud. Indeed, I became a little child in her arms, so she wrapped me underneath her mantle. I asked her what was being written on the side of the mountain when she was pulling me up over the cliff. She told me that all the names of my friends, family, benefactors, patron saints, indeed the entire communion of saints, all who had journeyed with me, prayed with me and for me, were lifting me up just enough to grab hold of her arms.

This is part three of a seven part project. For the full story click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

'
Follow us
Facebook
  
Visit Us

Blog Archive